Difference and Similarities between Calgary and Edmonton.
As someone who lived in both cities for more than 3 years and still live in Calgary, here are the top 10 similarities and differences between both cities.
- Weather: You have more sunshine and less harsh winter in Calgary with occasional positive temperature in the middle of the winter because of Chinook winds. Edmonton is grayer than Calgary with harsher winter and not enough sunshine, the more you go up north. Calgary wins.
- Cost of life: Rent in Edmonton, home ownership, food, clothing is slightly cheaper than same item in Calgary: Edmonton wins.
- Opportunities: more blue collar jobs in Edmonton, more white collar jobs in Calgary: Tie.
- Education: 1. Edmonton has one of the top university in Canada called University of Alberta (University of Alberta . University of Calgary has a first class business school called Hayskane school of business.
: Edmonton wins.
- City's architecture: Calgary seems newer and just more beautiful to me by far: Calgary wins.
- People: just the same to me, no difference: Tie
- Size and population: Calgary seems larger and have more people: I won't call this a win.
- Mountains and lakes: Beautiful Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper National Park are much closer to Calgary than Edmonton at less than 2 hours drive. Calgary wins handily.
- Sports: Flames(NHL) and Stampeders(CFL)in Calgary, Oiler(NHL) and Eskimos(CFL) in Edmonton. Several amateur leagues, indoor and outdoor facilities for soccer, hockey, basketball, football and baseball in both cities; ShowUpAndPlay Calgary (Calgary, AB), ShowUpAndPlay Edmonton (Edmonton, AB) : Tie
- Bars and Pubs: Cowboys in Calgary, Black dog free house in Edmonton are the most popular. Cowboy culture in both cities but not violent, no guns. ( The 10 Best Nightclubs in Calgary , The Best Nightlife in Edmonton - TripAdvisor ): Tie
- Festivals: Calgary Stampede is unique and a must see in North America. Interstellar Rodeo Festival in Edmonton. : Calgary wins.
- Downtown:Calgary in Real Time Now. Edmonton in Real Time Now. They are both vibrant and Nice: Tie
- Cleanliness:Calgary is one of the cleanness cities in the world. I am in awe myself whenever I walk downtown or in my neighbourhood of Walden.: Calgary wins
- Public Transit: Calgary C-Train has 2 lines and covers all 4 quadrants of the city(NW, SW,SE,NE) with multiple park and rides location at various stops. There are buses in almost every neighbourhoods in Calgary connecting you to the nearest C-Train station. Edmonton Transit Services (ETS) provides service on buses and light-rail transit within the City of Edmonton limits, in addition to Fort Saskatchewan, Spruce Grove, Beaumont, and the Edmonton Garrison at Namao. It also provides connections to suburban transit services operated by the City of St. Albert and Strathcona County. Calgary C-Trains are cleaners and have better coverage overall : Calgary wins
Based upon all that comparison above, I'd choose Calgary any day, but will rather go shopping in Edmonton. Calgary is in the top 10 most livable cities in the world: Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto make top 10 most livable cities list
Are you planning to visit or move to Calgary or Edmonton?
Where to play hockey, soccer, basketball, badminton, baseball, softball, slop-itch, pickle-ball, volleyball, touch football, cricket, rugby, swimming in Calgary | Show Up And Play
Where to play hockey, soccer, basketball, badminton, baseball, softball, slop-itch, pickle-ball, volleyball, touch football, cricket, rugby, swimming in Edmonton | Show Up And Play
- Pick a smartphone for me: iPhone 12 Pro Max Reviews
- Pick a smartphone for me: Xiaomi MI 10T Pro Reviews
- Pick a smartphone for me: Sony Xperia 5 II Reviews
- Pick a smartphone for me: Google Pixel 4a Reviews
- Pick a smartphone for me: iPhone 12 Pro vs vs Galaxy Note Ultra 20 Reviews
- Pick a smartphone for me: Google Pixel 5 XL Reviews
- Pick a smartphone for me: Huawei P40 Pro Reviews
- Pick a smartphone for me: Samsung Galaxy 20 Ultra Reviews
- Motorola Edge 5G Reviews