Craftsmanship Focused / Test Loving Full Stack Web Dev - Python, React, SQL at Level 12 (Louisville, KY) (allows remote)
We are looking for a full stack (Python) web application developers to join the team at Level 12:
TL;DR: Why Consider This Position?
- We give you a lot of information in the job description so that you can figure out if you'd really like to work here.
- We have a commitment to transparency and offer a “no surprises experience” throughout the interview and hiring process.
- We practice and preach sound development practices. You are likely to learn and grow as a developer while working here.
- Our pay and benefits will be somewhere between good and great, depending on what you are used to and where you live (see below for specifics).
- You will have the option of working from home or our office, whatever suits you best. Let’s make the most of our time and minimize commuting when not necessary.
- We have a no-drama office policy. We value and cultivate enjoyable working relationships among team members.
- We emphasize work/life balance and adopt policies that make sure our people don’t get burnt out. For instance, our PTO/Vacation policies are designed so that you actually use them.
- A commitment to Agile Principles while not being enslaved to any particular methodology.
- You have the skills and experience to be a mid-level or senior level full-stack web application developer. That is, you need to be able to architect & run with a medium sized project mostly on your own.
- You like building full stack web applications with technologies like Python, React, SQL, etc.
- You are committed to automated testing of all the software you write (our apps typically have 92%+ test coverage).
- You recognized that there is a lot of idealism in the software development community and are not disenchanted with the the day-to-day realities of programming.
- You like working independently but can contribute to a team as needed
- If you apply, we will give you a yay or nay response. No black holes here!
This is not a design job. It will require a lot of in-depth programming and database work including the ability to architect maintainable code that gets the job done.
While we do prefer to do most of our back-end work in Python, we will occasionally take projects in other languages if they seem to be a good fit for us and the customer.
Some days you will jump from project to project as issues come up. At other times you may work primarily on one project for weeks or months.
The ability to take ownership for a project, engineer a sound technical solution, and “drive” a project to completion is essential.
Our customers have varied needs and so we tend to have varied responsibilities and projects. We have a focus on serving the customer and making software conform to their company rather than making the company conform to software.
We run our teams (two currently) in two week sprints.
What We Offer
- Pay: $75-$95K (mid-level), $95K-115K (Senior).
- We are happy to talk about money as one of the first parts of our conversation so we don’t waste each others time if we aren’t in the ballpark.
- Everyone wants to be paid as much as possible, but the economics of business usually require that we meet in the middle.
- Our offer will take into consideration your salary history, experience, references, and a skills assessment.
- Profit Sharing: In addition to a salary, our employees will earn a bonus based on how profitable our company is each year (roughly $1-2K annually).
- One of the best things about working for us is that we really value work/family balance.
- We rarely work more than 40 hours a week.
- We know there are devs out there putting in 50-60 hours a week. We can give them 10-20 hours a week of their life back.
- Everyone receives 3 weeks of PTO/Vacation per year.
- Up to 12 sick days per year.
- 9 Holidays
- Flexibility: While we expect a regular schedule during normal business hours, we are pretty flexible when schedule changes are needed for legitimate reasons.
- Remote candidates are welcome to apply.
- Many of us work from home frequently, even those of us who are local.
- We do have an office if you prefer to get away from home to focus on work.
- We Care: It’s easy to say, harder to do. We all need to make a living, our company needs to be successful in the marketplace, and hard decisions sometimes need to be made. But, at the end of the day, we really care about our employees, their families, their needs, and their desires.
Full Job Description & Application Instructions
Above are just highlights. The full job description for both positions are on our website and includes salary information, videos, and instructions on applying: https://level12.io/careers/
The candidate for the Senior Developer position will usually have 6-10 years relevant experience and meet the following requirements:
- Technical Skills
- Are able to write modular, well-tested, and maintainable code
- Know a software development domain really well and radiate that knowledge to our team and beyond
- Are able to work on multiple projects as needed
- Leads the design for customer projects with feedback from other engineers
- Proposes new ideas for improving the development team, customer projects, and/or our tech stack
- Adheres to and promotes our development culture and mission
- For Team Leads (see below): invests in other team members to see that they are growing as individuals and to facilitate productivity within our team.
- Code quality
- Leaves code in substantially better shape than before
- Fixes bugs/regressions quickly
- Monitors overall code quality/build failures
- Creates tests religiously and makes sure the rest of the team is doing the same
- Proactively identifies and reduces technical debt
- Proactively defines and solves important architectural issues
- Provides thorough and timely code feedback for peers
- Able to communicate clearly on technical topics
- Keeps issues up-to-date with progress
- Helps guide other merge requests to completion
- Helps with recruiting
- Is able to manage conversations directly with customer contacts when needed.
- Performance & Scalability
- Excellent at writing production-ready code with little assistance
- Able to write complex code that can scale with a significant number of users
- Avoids premature optimization
The candidate for the Mid-Level Developer position will usually have 3-6 years relevant experience and meet some but not all of the requirements listed above for senior developers.
In addition to the leadership expectations noted above, some of our senior developers will also be involved in leading other developers and interacting with customers. We realize not every senior developer is as good with people as they are with code and that’s ok. We need and value individual contributors. But if you like and are good at interacting with people, we will have opportunities for you to lead teams and/or projects.
Well the work looks really interesting and appealing but more than that the job posting is like nothing else I've seen so far. It appears to be more thorough, personal, caring, and honest by far than any other I've seen. In my experience there are qualities present in a company's management that tend to permeate through all levels and find expression in many subtle ways. If I am reading into what I am seeing correctly then this would be an exceptional place to work. I'm not sure how to say it other than that. It was just kind of a feeling after looking over the page, that this is where I want to be.
I'm extremely impressed with how much effort your organization puts into describing work opportunities! By far, this is the most helpful job posting I have ever seen. I intend to respond in a point-by-point fashion, as that seems to be the most efficient way to proceed. I hope to repay honesty with honesty.
Like I mentioned before, I really like the whole interview process that you guys have. That in combination with how you guys responded to emails, etc. gave me a very positive impression of your company and I am still interested in working with you guys someday.
The feedback I received from [your first skills assessment] was amazing! That was fantastic! I was really impressed with it.
I just wanted to reach out and give you some really positive feedback. If I could go back in time and finish up those final interviews with you, I would do it in a heartbeat. I can already see a huge difference in personality between you and those who lead the company I joined -- and I think it speaks volumes. Keep being a great person!
I hope you found a great candidate in the end!
Full Job Description & Application Instructions
Above are just highlights. The full job description for both positions are on our website and includes salary information, videos, and instructions on applying: https://level12.io/careers/
iOS Software Developer (Remote United States)
At Railroad19, we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services.
We are currently seeking a world-class iOS developer with experience building applications using Objective-C. The right person will be a trusted consultant to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Build iOS/TvOS applications using objective-C
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a highly performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Hands on experience working with video SDK in iOS and tvOS platforms
- Experience with Apple's media framework AV/Kit and AVFountation
- Experience with RESTful APIs to connect iOS/tvOS applications to back-end services
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
We are a young, lean, funded AngelPad company looking for an experienced Senior Mobile Engineer with experience building SaaS products. We are a fully distributed team with people working all around the world. You will have the flexibility and freedom to work in the environment of your choosing, whether that be at home, a cafe or co-working space. We're looking for a senior mobile engineer to build our iOS and Android mobile apps from the ground-up in React Native.
We are looking for talented, hard-working engineers who have experience building innovative applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of our mobiles apps.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of our iOS and Android apps in React Native. You will be part of the feature design, system architecture and building the real features to be deployed on the live environment.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Engineer from the ground-up our iOS and Android apps in React Native.
- Mobile application software development, design and prototyping.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing iOS or Android apps.
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members.
- Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Process Street experience on mobile devices.
- Implement custom native and React Native user interfaces using the latest iOS and Android programming techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience doing hands-on software development.
- 3+ years of current experience working in iOS application development.
- 1+ years of experience with React Native development.
- Extensive knowledge of iOS frameworks on recent releases.
- Understanding of embedded development constraints.
- A track record of delivering quality products.
- Communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Experience designing web services and/or distributed system.
- Experience with Redux.
- Example apps in the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Think of an environment
- that is full of friendly and helpful people emitting a lot of knowledge
- that has an actively contributing community
- where the titles are not used to boss around
- which provides a lot freedom to ensure that you will always end up with good solutions
- delivering kickass products of the world’s simplest and most powerful In-Memory Data Grid used by millions.
Do you think you can enjoy working in a company like this, and you are passionate about writing?
We are currently seeking a professional Technical Writer to join the expanding team of Hazelcast. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical manuals; explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with other teams to ensure accuracy of the content.
- Write, edit and enhance content for the technical documents including reference manuals and guides.
- Collaborate with engineering, product and solution architect teams to produce user-friendly content.
- Maintain release notes and documentation errata for each release of the products.
- Review/clarify content written by others.
- Contribute to technical articles, blogs and other pieces of content.
- Great grammatical skills and attention to details.
- Proven experience of working in a technical writing position, preferably writing technical customer-facing content.
- Knowledge of markup languages such as AsciiDoc and MarkDown.
- Experience using distributed source code management system, such as Git.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS is a plus.
- Experience with source code written in Java and/or other programming languages is a plus.
- Experience documenting distributed systems is a big plus (streaming, computational, etc. platforms).
- English of native proficiency.
First, a bit about Avanoo
Have you ever wondered what the most successful people in the world have, that the rest of us don’t? No, it’s not a high IQ. And no, it’s not that they studied more than the rest of us at school. There are a whole host of attributes that these people embody, which are never taught in school. Things like perseverance, passion, laser-like focus, a positive mindset, and the list goes on and on.
Avanoo exists to help employees at Fortune 1,000 companies embody these attributes, through 3-minute-a-day video programs and deep analytics that help us understand what their people need the most and predict what sort of content can drive the most impact.
If the skills we learn in school are the applications we use to get through life, the attributes we help people embody at Avanoo are like the operating system.
We're doing quite well
We were VC-funded in 2015. Since then, we've been growing revenue by 2-3x every single year. So far, we're on track for a 4x growth this year.
We've proven over and over again that we can help enterprises drive real impact to their bottom line just through the magic concoction we've put together. For example, with one of our clients, they were able to directly connect millions of dollars in new product innovations after 2 years of working with us.
The bottom line is, we're scaling so fast that our existing dev team can hardly keep up!
What you'll be working on
That’s where YOU come in: Helping us sustain this incredible growth, by building out the platform. You’ll be helping us build out an enterprise-class analytics platform, which will pull data from a variety of sources, to help us track and show growth in human potential.
If being part of a team that is building the first-ever platform that tracks and optimizes the human operating system, then read on!
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience developing high quality web applications
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience building and maintaining products with real-world usage
- Experience and high comfort level with Test-driven development is required
- Attention to detail – this is very important, since our products are being used by lots and lots of Fortune 1,000 employees
- Solid grasp of OOP Principles
- Ability to write responsive, cross-browser HTML/CSS
- Expertise in Ruby/RoR
Business Intelligence Developer / Consultant (Living in Toronto only) at Iridium Technology (Toronto, ON, Canada) (allows remote)
We currently have a development team in Reno and we are looking to expand. The "remote" aspect is that we currently have employees working from home offices and meeting up in work-spaces in Toronto several times per week. This position is only open to Canadians living in Toronto.
T-SQL is one of our core technologies, and is a required skill. If you are not solid on T-SQL, please do not apply. Our programming test for all applicants is based on T-SQL through SSMS.
The position of BI Consultant/Developer requires candidates with very strong development skills. This is a client-facing role, so excellent communication skills are also a must. We are looking for applicants who are entrepreneurial, incredibly bright, organized, focused, creative problem solvers, able to work independently, extremely hard-working, and who embrace the home office-based lifestyle.
Salary is set depending on your experience. If you can pass our application process we will be able to agree on a salary that works for you.
The role encompasses a combination of consulting and development duties, including:
- Client-facing resource: work directly with our law firm clients to implement and support Iridium BI products
- Report/dashboard design and development
- Manage client product implementations and projects to successful outcomes
- Requirements gathering, both for development projects and consulting/implementation projects
- Design, code, deploy, and test client-specific customizations and enhancements
- Design, code, deploy, and test Iridium BI product features and enhancements
- Development of software tools for internal use
- Technical investigations
- Client support/training
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar
- Strong development skills and experience. Our technologies are SQL Server (relational database, T-SQL, SSAS, SSRS), HTML5, Angular JS, C# and others. While we prefer experience with these technologies, we will consider developers that are familiar with other technologies - our thinking is that hard-core coders can learn any technology stack.
- Excellent written/oral communications skills
- We develop software for law firms. Experience in Legal IT (ADERANT, Elite Enterprise, Elite 3E) is a big plus, but is not required
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice of developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
We are a security company and Auth0's Security team is in the privilege position of supporting a security first culture for a company that wants to make the internet safer.
We are looking for a highly technical and hands on Detection and Response Engineering Manager who is passionate about people and can lead our CSIRT Engineering function. This is an exciting time to join Auth0 as we are growing quickly and this role is an opportunity to drive the expansion of our Security Operations team. Successful candidates will be located on the west coast in PST (UTC−8 or within 3 hours) OR London metro area (UTC+1).
- Lead a team of Detection+Response Engineers
- Manage a team who detect, respond to, investigate and remediate security events, driving all aspects of an incident to closure
- Mentor and coach the engineers to keep them challenged and delivering their best work
- Build processes and frameworks for CSIRT
- Build a diverse team - fostering a collaborative and an inclusive environment
- Develop a roadmap for future work and be accountable for it's delivery
- Build a metrics program
- Several years experience in an security engineering management role or a senior engineering team lead role
- Experience responding detect, respond to, investigate and remediate security events
- Experience working as a Security Engineer and delivering engineering projects
- Experience hiring and attracting talented Engineers
- Experience with AWS (Lambda, Kinesis, S3, SNS, SQS, EC2) and using it to scale detection+response
- Familiar with Logging infrastructure (syslog, Fluentd, Sumo Logic)
- Experience with automating detective capabilities and orchestration tools
- Experience performing network- and host-based forensics
- Great communication skills
- Built and scaled CSIRT teams
- Engineering / Software development background
Examples of our Engineering Culture:
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
(Hiring Developer & DevOps background) - Work with various technologies at mongoDB (Chicago, IL) (allows remote)
We are looking to expand our team to various locations -- Austin (will need to work @ the office), Chicago, and possibly open to other locations in the Central region.
MongoDB Technical Services Engineers use their exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise customers and to solve their complex MongoDB problems. Technical Service Engineers are experts in the entire MongoDB ecosystem - database server, drivers, our management suite, and services such as Cloud Manager (the online product we developed for customers for automation, backup, monitoring, and analysis of their MongoDB systems). Our engineers combine their MongoDB expertise with passion, initiative, teamwork and a great sense of humor to achieve exceptional results for our customers.
Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, focused on innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with exceptionally talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
Cool things you’ll do
MongoDB is on a mission to change the way people think about databases. Along the way, our customers encounter questions and issues about how our approach to databases works for their use case. In Technical Services, it's our job to help these people.
You'll be working alongside our largest customers, solving their complex issues - resolving questions on architecture, performance, recovery, security, and everything in between. You'll be an expert resource on best practices in running MongoDB at scale, whatever that scale may be. You'll be an advocate for customers' needs - interfacing with our product management and development teams on their behalf. And you'll contribute to internal projects, including software development of support tools for performance, benchmarking, and diagnostics.
What you need
We consider all candidates with an eye for those who are self-taught, insatiably curious, and multi-faceted.
The ideal candidates will have strong technical experience in one (or more) of the following areas: software development, application architecture, systems administration, network administration, database administration, data architecture and design, or performance tuning and benchmarking. Extra bonus points if you’ve used those skills with highly concurrent systems or have done technical support of enterprise platform technologies (e.g. databases).
If you have an operations background, we prefer experience administering large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows), networks (including firewalls and load balancers), as well as cloud-based resources (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack).
It’s crucial for every candidate that they can check off all of these boxes:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Genuine desire to help people
- Uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems, with advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Strong teamwork: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and the good judgment to know when to seek help
- Experience managing large-scale databases (e.g. RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Experience using or managing MongoDB
- Technical writing and/or training
- Experience using distributed version control systems, and in particular git
- Previous work experience with JIRA and SalesForce Service Cloud
- Language skills (Japanese, Mandarin, Korean, German, Spanish, French are all plusses)
Watch the video: Award-winning Music Software looking for Objective-C / Swift at Mixed In Key () (allows remote)
We just launched a new product (https://mixedinkey.com/captain-plugins) and got hundreds of feature requests. We want you to build the next generations of this software with us. Watch the video to see what it does
Get to know us:
1. Our team is global, and everyone works remotely
Our team lives all over the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Russia, Netherlands, and Serbia. We have 12 permanent team members, and another 12 people who help out with smaller tasks. You can work remotely from anywhere in the world as long as you're available during the day (EST time) for collaboration over Slack
2. We hire great developers and have a long track record of success
- The company was started by a developer, so he can read your code and help you solve problems
- The first Mac developer who joined the team 12 years ago is still on the team, working on new products every day
- We never outsourced our software development to other companies. We own and maintain 100% of our source code, so we know it inside out and can help you learn it faster
- We've written 30+ codebases with just 2-3 developers on each one. We work in small teams (1-3 developers, 1 QA, 1 designer on each task)
- You will have a healthy live-work balance. We don't use crunch time
- Our team is kind and talented. Our developers always collaborate well with each other
- We prioritize quality because we're in it for the long term
3. You'll learn a lot from this job
Our software is more complex than most products. You'll learn a lot from working on it.
Your teammates are friendly, talented and polite. If you're looking for collaborators and mentors, you'll find them.
4. Our goal is to teach our fans how to compose great music
We launched our new product called Captain Plugins. Magazine press and our fans loved it, so we have a wish list of hundreds of feature requests and ideas on what to build next. That is why we're hiring -- we have a lot of interesting work
Here's the YouTube promo showing how the plugin works.
One of the best testimonials we've gotten is that "These plugins close the door on the past." They are a brand-new way to write music and create songs from scratch.
5. Skills & requirements
1) A very solid understanding of Objective-C
2) Some knowledge of Swift
3) Optional, but nice to have: C++ knowledge, so you can integrate audio engines with new front-ends written in Obj-C
4) Any experience in CoreAudio and/or AVFoundation would be a big plus
5) Doing something hard - like 3D rendering, or OS-level stuff, or anything else that goes beyond making basic iOS apps
6) Knowledge of music and music theory is helpful but not required
7) Natural curiosity for how things work
8) Taking a lot of initiative. This is part of the job requirement - we hire people who take initiative
9) Desire to work from home. You can work 4 days a week (Tuesday-Friday, or Monday-Thursday), or 5 days a week depending on your preference. We don't hire for less than 32 hours per week
Send us an email
We're not a big anonymous corporation, we're a small team of developers who love making music tools. If you want to join us, send us an email at the address below. Show us your work.
FiveBox is a fast growing software development consultancy located in Midtown Atlanta, Georgia. We are currently looking to expand our skilled team by adding a talented Full Stack Software Engineer.
As a software engineer, you will be responsible for working closely with our team to build full stack, cutting edge technology solutions for our clients using a variety of technologies, including:
- Ruby on Rails
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys taking the initiative to examine all aspects of the technology stack and make decisions to improve the quality of the code and deliverables.
Our company prides itself on creating a fun and rewarding work environment. We aren't your normal software shop! This position will give you the ability to expand your skill set by working with new technologies over time. The perfect candidate for this job will have the desire to learn new things and work with new technologies.
When applying, please include your salary requirements. 100% remote will be considered for the right candidate.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of previous development experience in a web environment with a modern programming language, such as C# .NET, Ruby on Rails, Python, Java, or Scala
- Strong SQL Experience
- Familiar with Object Oriented Design
- Passionate about learning new technology
- You obsess over writing clean and maintainable code
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to work with a small, dynamic team
- Git experience
- Amazon Web Services
- Have worked in an Agile environment before
**Agency Statement: No Recruiters or Agencies, please.**
We are looking for a senior Ruby developer to take charge of our products, with a focus on BrickFTP (https://brickftp.com/).
For This Role, We Want To See This Track Record of Results:
History developing and supporting actual Ruby-on-Rails applications that have seen production usage with a large userbase.
Participation in open source Ruby gem projects, including ideally being the maintainer for a Gem that sees large usage in the community.
Strong Computer Science background and understanding of algorithms and data structures.
Complete understanding of how to write secure code and an awareness of common web application security vulnerabilities.
Appreciation for testing and the ability to write specs using RSpec.
Bonus points if you make contributions to open source projects. If you want to keep doing that, we will support it.
Are you an app and web designer who gets excited about the idea of working on apps that are used by 100,000s of users?
Would you get excited about an opportunity to use the latest CSS3 tools in a production website?
If so, please read on.
For The Role of Designer, We Want To See This Track Record of Results:
- Experience designing and supporting actual web applications that have seen production usage with a large userbase.
- Comprehensive understanding of UI/UX principles
This position is designed to appeal to designers who are not afraid to get their hands dirty writing code. You will be working on web applications, mobile apps, desktop apps, marketing websites, and email.
We expect to see an extensive portfolio that includes both static websites and applications. We want our designers to be able to work on both apps and brochure/marketing websites.
We need someone to lead the front end development of our core product, BrickFTP, as well as other projects that are in various stages. We recently transitioned to React for the frontend of BrickFTP, and want someone to take charge of adding new enterprise features, keeping everything modern, and problem solving the unique issues we face as a major file transfer and storage service. And as the frontend team grows, this person should be capable of managing them.
For This Role, We Want To See This Track Record of Results:
- Experience building and delivering React.js applications that have seen actual production usage.
- At least 5 years of applicable experience.
- Understanding of how to write secure frontend code and an awareness of common web application security vulnerabilities.
Bonus points for making contributions to major open source projects. If you want to keep making open source contributions, we would support that!
We are looking for an experienced, senior, Android and iOS (senior in both ecosystems) engineer, who is excited to work on one of our many client projects - both greenfield (new) projects as well as legacy (support) projects in that technology stack. This is a remote position.
The following skills are required:
- Very experienced (5+ Years) in both iOS and Android mobile application development
- Very experienced with test frameworks in both spaces (e.g. Testflight)
- Knowledge of a typical development lifecycle (development to deployment) using typical industry tools, e.g. Atlassian JIRA and BitBucket
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Significant attention to detail when writing code, including good commenting and code documentation skills
Important: Please include details about yourself reflecting your experience in both mobile ecosystems in your cover letter. The more detail the better, including apps you worked on and released, and which frameworks you worked with.
Mapleton Hill developers work on a variety of projects throughout the year exposing them to new technologies. You'll be working in small teams, with ownership over projects, to deliver high quality results for our clients. For this position we're looking for experienced developers with a passion for Sitecore application development.
What it's like to work at Mapleton Hill
- You'll be working on development teams of 2 - 6 developers
- You'll be working in an Agile Scrum environment
- You'll typically be working on one project at a time
- You'll be communicating directly with clients
- You'll be writing code, unit testing, and doing peer code reviews
- You'll be working on projects that typically last between 3 - 9 months
- Sitecore 8+
- ASP.NET / C# / MVC
- HTML / CSS (Responsive Development)
Bonus points if you know or have used
- Sitecore Helix
- Sitecore SXA
- jQuery, Node, Angular, or React
- Xamarin or Native Mobile App Development
The CTO of GLG has approached my team and asked us to find the best development talent that is proficient in React/Angular and NodeJS, and atleast a few other languages like Java (Frontend will only be react or angular) and work on a pool of projects and solve them in their own way. 100% remote. When you come on board you get to know everything about the projects before starting one out of the 16 currently running.
The person they are looking for is someone who fits one of these profiles:
- Has been a CTO/Head of development of either their own company, or another company, has experience in managing team of developer, has built teams of developers
- Someone who has worked on projects outside of their work, they are passionate and personally involved with development and programming and have contribution to the open source community.
In return, the developer gets:
- a fully remote, 100% remote work life
- Anything between 110K and 170K in salary (based on salary)
- Chance to work on a pool of projects with professional developers all who are experts in what they do m
- Make the money that a contractor would make but get the benefits of permanent roles such as career progression.
- Work with developers all over the world so no matter what time zone you're in, there will always be developers working on projects.
It's basically an opportunity that will take your career to the next stage.
Hello. We are ShipHero (https://shiphero.com). We have built a software platform entrusted by hundreds of ecommerce companies, large and small to run their operations. Many of our customers sell on Shopify and/or Amazon. We’re driven to help our customers grow their businesses, by providing a platform that solves complex problems, and is engineered to be reliable and fast. We are obsessed with building great technology, that is beautiful and easy to use. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing passionate, talented and great people together - you can do great things.
Our team is remote, with most of our engineers either in New York or Argentina (BS AS and Mar del Plata). We do daily stand-ups via Google Hangouts and communicate regularly using video chat and Slack.
We are seeking a director of engineering for our mobile and web apps team. You would be a fundamental member of the team focusing on building a solid foundation for the platform. We seek people who are excited and driven to grow with the experience of working with talented engineers. We are obsessed with disrupting an industry that desperately needs it, by continuing to build tools that help make our customers do great things.
You will work with our VP of engineering and existing 5 front end engineers and grow the team to 15-20 engineers over the next year. You will have fantastic back end teams, UX and QA to work with.
We are hiring engineers in American timezones only for right now.
- You understand that great things are accomplished when teams work together.
- Some experience with Electron and AWS services (especially AppSync) would be a bonus.
- You can code review other team members work and provide assistance and appreciate feedback.
- You take pride in your craft.
- You’ve learned from building systems and solutions the reasons to avoid technical debt, and how to approach and implement TDD and CI practices.
- You can craft elegant solutions when solving complex features and solutions.
- You’ve worked on eCommerce solutions.
- You want to build something that is disrupting an entire industry.
- While hands on experience is not a requirement, you’re interested in learning how to apply machine learning and AI technologies and tools.
- You can handle a fast paced environment.
- You’ve made a lot of mistakes, and most importantly, have learned from them.
- You're looking to grow and lead a great team.
- Be the leader, inspirer and motivator for your team.
- Identify new talent (hire) and nurture existing team members.
- Implement best practices that help guide the team.
- Build trust and strong relationships with other team leads.
- Perform annual reviews.
- Review features and requirements and guide, design and implement solutions.
- Understand business requirements and think through solutions in terms of not just the coding implementation but also how the solution fits into the solution and how it solves a customer need.
- Ability to estimate effort and ship on agreed schedule. Comfortable pushing yourself and your team members when challenges pop up.
- Lead regular code reviews, with the goal of code quality, good design and approach along with pushing engineers to improve and evolve.
- Implement solutions that are pragmatic to get the platform built.
- Work with ShipHero leadership to implement practices and principles for the team.
At Stack Overflow, our mission is to serve developers. Whether we’re helping developers get answers to their questions, or find new jobs, we build products that affect millions of developers’ lives every day. Our goal is to create a community and a company where everyone feels welcome to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. We’re not there yet, which is why we’re hoping you’ll join us!
As an Internal Support Engineer (ISE) you are a vital member of the internal IT team. Working remotely, or out of our headquarters in New York, you’ll build tools to deploy, automate and monitor infrastructure and services used by our employees. This role is for a seasoned IT professional that loves to solve problems that help their coworkers be faster and more efficient at their jobs, who knows the landscape of existing tools available and when to use them, and who isn’t afraid to dive into a bit of code when the existing tools don’t match our needs.
- System Administration: You’ve been responsible a fleet of systems. You’ve had to deploy something to those systems. You’ve been a domain admin or had root privilege and know those things come with great responsibility.
- Comfortable in Code: You have strong scripting skills (e.g. Bash or Powershell), and are familiar with at least 1 modern, non-scripting programming language (we use mostly C# and Python). You’re comfortable using source control and asking coworkers for code reviews.
- Project Management: You can take a solution from an idea to a working tool. Often solutions involve cross-team collaboration without a clear task list.
- Get Things Done: You have great time-management skills. You get really excited about how to organize a workflow, and have built strong personal tools for tracking your own work and breaking big projects down into bite-size chunks.
- People focused: You like helping people. You enjoy teaching, learning and the collaborative exchange involved in sharing knowledge. People feel good when you’re helping them.
What you’ll do:
- Manage Alerts and Data collection for IT Systems in our monitoring system.
- Manage automation of Active Directory and G Suite.
- Deploy and Manage Windows and CentOS systems on Vmware ESXI
- Manage automation of deployment for both Windows and Mac computers.
- Work with Site Reliability Engineers to commit code changes on shared services like puppet and DNS, and HAProxy.
- Document remediation steps for common infrastructure and service outages.
- Work with the Help Desk team to solve advanced tickets and projects.
What we’re looking for:
- 6-years of education or relevant work experience / certifications. For example:
- 4-year degree in Information Technology (or related), plus 2 years of experience, or:
- 2-year degree plus 4 years of work experience, or:
- no degree but 6 years of experience and relevant certifications.
- Deployment level knowledge of both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Administration experience with Active Directory / Google Cloud Directory Services
- In-depth experience with one or more of the following programming/scripting languages:
- Administration Experience with Mac OS X or Linux
- Comfortable with building servers in both virtual and physical environments
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills, great verbal and written communication skills, and a strong interest in continued growth.
It would also be nice to have:
- Experience with Azure, AWS or GCE
- Experience with or a strong interest in Docker and containers
- Experience with G-Suite administration
What you’ll get in return:
- 20 days paid vacation + holidays
- Completely free health insurance - no copay, no premiums (US residents)
- Generous parental leave (10-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- A budget for continuing education and personal development
- (If in NY) An office with great amenities, including an espresso bar, and free lunch every day prepared by our in-house chefs
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll help you set up a great home office, with an ergonomic chair, standing desk, and any other equipment you need to do your job.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll get your own private office in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
How to apply:
Please include an up-to-date resume, and a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at Stack Overflow.
About Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
We believe in hiring smart people and getting out of their way. We have an office in New York with some of the best amenities of any New York startup, and we have people who work remotely all over the world. We keep meetings and ceremony to an absolute minimum.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.